12 December 2011

Preparation

We all need a bit of preparation in our lives.  The players prepare for games by training.  I prepare for games by preparing food and drink.  On match day its all about getting up early for me, well because I am 5 hours behind the clock in England.  The usual time for live matches is 1000 in the AM  That means I have gone to sleep fairly early the night before and awoken at 0800.  It is a sacrifice I am willing to make.

0800: The first thing I do is throw on a pot of coffee.

0815: I then pull out my clothes put them aside and hit the shower. I tend to dress casually as this gives me the comfort of pacing in the living room like I am Roberto Mancini without the style.

0835: I feed my dogs take them out for a quick #1 and #2 and then I am back inside to get breakfast started.

0850:  The breakfast must be done quick and efficiently like a Balotelli goal.  Toast, bacon, butter and some fruit, a banana does the job as it quick and easy to eat.

0905: Breakfast is done cooking and I am down eating like a horse out of a trough.  Another cup of coffee.

0930:  Finished eating and I give the dishes a quick wash to sit down and take a look at Twitter.  Yes, I did say Twitter.  This is because I can get better match information then  Fox Soccer which broadcasts the matches here.  I seriously think they believe if they throw anyone up there from England that all of a sudden the show becomes legitimate to fans watching.  I couldn't care less where the person is from as long as they knew what they were talking about and stop using the term "big spending city" 

1000: I turn the TV on and get ready to watch the match.  Then it hits me!

Today is Monday and the match is on at 1500 not 1000.  

I need to refine my preparation.  Back to the drawing board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment