09 December 2011

Why I Love Blue Tuesday



I have been mulling this in my head all week and now have to put the words on the digital paper.  I love Blue Tuesday.  It's simply the best radio show I have heard in years.   I am not just talking about it because its a City show, I really think the show's talent could talk about anything and I would listen.  If it was a show about recycling cork, I would tune in with enthusiasm.

The show has the perfect format.  I get to listen to Paul Lake and Ian Cheeseman, hear the opinions of two fans, listen too a few phone in calls from former City players and get to hear Katy and Neda talk about whats buzzing on the forums, Facebook and Twitter.  Week after week you get to hear opinions of what is going on from the previous match to the one upcoming.  The program is efficiently run and keeps you listening.  I also think the fact that you not only hear it live on the radio in the UK, but that you can hear it live on the internet from anywhere in the world and if you miss it, you can stream or download it to your computer or portable device.

I could talk about Ian and Paul all day, but those in the background are doing a bang up job to allow the show to have that flow.  This weeks show was a gem, just listening to Colin Bell who rarely ever does interviews just talk about himself and not football really put you close up to the legend.  Its is this type of interaction that will continue to be the foundation of the show's success.  The gap between the players and the fans has been filled by a show I hope continues on for years to come.

You can find the latest episode here  

For the Live Show tune in Tuesdays, at 1800 hours GMT  click here and hit the listen Live to open the radio player

No comments:

Post a Comment