28 January 2012

Tweet Club





I joined Twitter 21 April 2008.  I tweeted a few times to friends but did not find any real joy in it so I kind of just ignored it.  Fast Forward to 2012 and I love it.   I decided this season I would try it out to get more connected with City fans outside my area.  It has been a joy to say the least.

I have connected with not only so many City fans around the world, but ones in my local area.  It has lead us to form a supporters club here in Washington, D.C.  I have also had great conversation with people not even following City which has been great.   In 2011,  I had a handful of followers. I now have over 400 and I feel guilty not being able to read every thing in my timeline.

The great thing has been past and preset players on Twitter.   I think number one in my book has to be Paul Lake.  He answers his followers with some great answers, keeps the community up to date on things going on, like club news and charity. There is Eric Nixon and Nick Summerbee and his father the Mike aka The Buzzer . Shaun Wright-Phillips still engages the City fans since he left, because well we love him that much!

  Then you get the young players of today like Micah Richards who talks to the fans and gives out some prizes for trivia.  I still have not won anything!  Vincent Kompany, Nigel de Jong and Joleon Lescott are all on Twitter.  Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta also dole out bi-lingual messages to the fans after the matches.   Mario Balotelli is probably the most wanted man on Twitter, but we all have the sneaking suspicion that he is somehow banned by Mancini.   It's probably for the best.

There are also the media and top of this one has to be Ian Cheeseman.  Hosting BBC Blue Tuesday and doing matches Ian keeps the fans listening.  Stuart Brennen is over at Manchester Evening News is also keeping us in the know.

Did I mention Music?   Yes musicians watch football.  We all know about the Gallagher brothers, but what about a young and up and coming band Daystar.  OK so Simon is a Red, but he makes up for it with a great voice and the girls say he is sexy.  Plus Ste is the opposing force.  So listen to their music and talk football or whatever with them, great guys nevertheless. also add Ryan, Tom and "Budgie"


These are just a few of the City people you can follow on Twitter.  Search and you shall find more.

I have to also thank all of my followers.  Without them engaging me, it would never be that fun.  I have learned so much from all of you to generally think you are all decent people, young and old.  Norwegian Musings unwittingly you have driven me back into my writing, don't know how, you just have.  Thanks.

I also have to add 3 more to the "Tweet Club"   A great family and Die Hard Blues who I have had some great talks with and will be carrying bags for.   Cheryl , PAAMCFC and RaychieJ

and remember have fun with it

  #MCFC #CTWD 

No comments:

Post a Comment